View Single Post
Old 12-30-2002, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

*sighs*
Around and around we go... where it will stop, nobody knows.
Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
Expendable? Certainly not. You must have been thinking of most of Stevie's solo stuff.
I just have to get this off my chest... and forgive me, folks....
I have no idea why I am not allowed... by certain people, at least... to say anything in regards to Lindsey (well, anything that isn't unbridled praise, that is), without a dig being made at Stevie Nicks.

Yes, it's very clear that I'm a major Stevie fan. I think that's understood by all. However, I am also a FLEETWOOD MAC fan.
I have all the albums, from 'Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac,' thru 'Bare Trees,' and 'Heroes Are Hard To Find," onward to 'Behind The Mask,' and 'Time," etc., etc.
Does that make me better than anyone else? Hell no.
It merely means that my fandom is not the least bit one-sided.

I have the utmost respect and appreciation for each and every member of the band. Sure, I have my favorites and my least favorites, but the last time I looked, I'm allowed that right.

I should also add that I'm a LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM fan.
Yes, you heard right.
I own all of his albums, and his guest appearances.
Back in 1992, before our cable company carried VH1, I begged my uncle to tape Lindsey's Center Stage appearance so I could see it... and then weasled him into taping another VH1 spotlight on Lindsey.

I like Mr. Buckingham... I like his guitar playing... I like his singing... I like his production... I like his quirkiness.
Does it always appeal to me in a major way? No, not always.
But I feel that he's an extremely talented man, and often unfairly underrated.

I like to think that I can speak fairly knowledgeably about ALL aspects of this band, and not just ONE member... and hopefully (most) people respect that.
So... I think it's perfectly within my rights to say that I feel a song such as "Love From Here, Love From There," or hell, even "Johnny Stew," is expendable.
I never said I didn't like those songs, or the others on 'Law And Order,' and 'Go Insane'... only that they're not all songs that I would ever consider to be essential to anyone's listening experience.
I even pointed out that it was just MY opinion... and one certainly won't find ME forcing MY opinion down anyone's throat.
Though I will always take full advantage of my right to express said opinion.

I just find it terribly baffling, and not the least bit ironic, that if my every post doesn't find me worshiping at Lindsey's feet, then the snide remarks about Stevie won't be far behind.
I guess I missed the memo that said anyone who considers themselves a fan of Stevie Nicks is not capable of rational thinking, or a thought-process of their own.

And so ends my rant. My apologies to Tuigirl, for temporarily hijacking her thread.

Johnny Stew