View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Would you like to wager on Time being rereleased? I would.

Deserve recognition?????? Like when they kept Bob Welch from being inducted into the R&RHOF? These people don't care about who deserves what. Sorry, but they don't.
When I say Rick and Billy and the others deserve recognition, I didn’t mean by FM, I meant by the fans. A rerelease would be one way to recognize their contributions. Honestly, I never expected FM’s early albums to be rereleased, but they were, so that gives me hope their later albums will be. And if the label doesn’t think a rerelease of Time would sell well on its own, then combining it with BTM makes sense. I mean, I would pick up a deluxe BTM in a heartbeat, but not Time. As someone already pointed out, BTM sold better than Live, and Live is getting the deluxe treatment.

Besides, we all know that it’s the diehard FM fans buying these rereleases. A casual fan isn’t going to pay $100 for the Deluxe Editions... or even the much cheaper but still pricey rereleases. The fact that so many albums have gotten the Deluxe treatment means the diehard fans are enough to justify the label doing this. What can I say, I have faith.