View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was listening to Rumours DVD-A today. The portion called The Making Of... with band member commentary on each song, left me wondering if Stevie signed back on in 1997, the “organic” experience, with stipulations. Each member went on and on about the leaving off of Silver Springs from the Rumours album... it was borderline pathetic, such groveling! It really is an angry song, seems like the angriest one from that album. Like maybe too angry. If Stevie has been carrying this as a grudge and Lindsey only ever just wanted to be the band leader, because every band needs a leader for cohesiveness, then I can see how things have been slowly crumbling since 1997. Stevie and Lindsey having their own solo careers wasn’t enough for the two of them to not squabble over control when they were in Fleetwood Mac. I feel for Mick and John and it’s no wonder Chris quit. And anyway, Stevie doesn’t have what it takes to be a band leader, so I don’t get it. I’ve worked for people like Lindsey, you find a way to get along or quit. Mick and John know this as I’m sure Chris does, but to work in a team where one member is constantly fighting the leader is draining. Just thinking out loud. Frankly, I don’t know how these people lasted so long as a band after all is said and done.