View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post

It's funny how folks have selective memory and forget that Lindsey wasn't exactly keen on doing the 2009 tour and doing "just the hits"...

Or how they forget about him remarking that "We certainly cant open with The Chain again" - which is why they opened with Monday Morning in 2009.
I thought that The Chain comment was before Say You Will. Then they did that rehearsal show where they opened with Eyes of the World...and then by the time of the tour opener in Columbus, we were back to The Chain opening. It's been so long now since all of this but I thought it was Mick that suggested Monday Morning for the Unleashed tour in 2009 and that it took some convincing to get Lindsey to go for it - something about playing some old shows (presumably from the latter stage of the Tusk tour) where they opened with Monday Morning and that convinced them to do it.

That all being said, I am in full agreement with you that tagging Lindsey as the stale setlist guy is pretty comical. You gave all the backup and evidence for what a BS crap excuse this was by Mick and Stevie. That fans buy into this too is just ridiculous.