View Single Post
Old 06-17-2021, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
He may have contributed to some components of the song while she still laid the groundwork for it. I know that on Bella Donna the music to "Kind of Woman" was mostly her but Benmont Tench has a credit on the song because he wrote the bridge or something. There is something similar with "Think About It" and Roy Bittan. I still consider those songs to be solo-written compositions, just with a little help fleshing it out for the album.
Like with “Annabel Lee” — doesn’t Waddy have a co-write credit? He probably wrote that little instrumental bridge-slash-turnaround. Stevie doesn’t write bridges-slash-turnarounds. But a track needs a little of that variety for a change of environment.

For “Think About It,” I bet Roy wrote the music for the section that starts “And the heart says danger/And the heart says whatever.” It jumps into a minor key that Stevie wouldn’t have proposed on her own. Her musical mind doesn’t think that way; she gives all her musical attention to the vocal lines, not to the block construction as it modulates around.

moviekinks.blogspot.com