View Single Post
Old 04-21-2020, 08:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
The misogyny on this board is unbearable these days.

Stevie wrote Soldier’s Angel. Lindsey was the one who was able to capture on guitar what Stevie herself did in her piano demo. I am not discounting Lindsey’s contributions as a producer to Stevie’s music but come on - if you look at most of her demos, you find the bones of what would become some of her greatest hits, even with her own rudimentary piano skills. And trying to take her lyrics away from her by referring to them as “ditties” is just offensive. Lindsey is a great guitar player and producer but Stevie is the superior lyricist by far. Their skills complement rather than diminish each other.
"We recorded it live and did some harmonies, and then he did some little lead guitar things and it was perfect," Nicks says. "There's no other players, just me and him. Not only did we create something that's probably as Buckingham Nicks as we have been since 1973, but... I think that song really brought Lindsey and I back together. He said to me as he was leaving on that second day, 'I feel like we're closer than we've been in 30 years.' It certainly opens a lot of doors." From here: http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/fwm/inde...948&Itemid=195

Above - Stevie herself suggesting Soldier's Angel is a Buckingham Nicks creation. I'm sharing her view.

I don't see the misogyny point. You do not know what's in my head or my heart. I love Stevie. Seen her over 40 times, even bought her new 3 disc set.

This is a forum which is an exchange of opinions. There was no hate speech shared by me.

Not nice of you. Thankfully, many believe we all answer to The Lord for how we speak to others