View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Ethan is his son. I don’t recall Stevie saying she hates Glyn Johns, but I do believe she said he hates her. As for Glyn Johns being considered one of the best in the business, I present Exhibit A- the album Street Angel. The CD I have includes two songs written by Ethan Johns that were left off the American CD, and for good reason. Stevie deserves the brunt of blame, because many of her songs are horrible, but judging from the fact that Glyn gave her two horrible songs by his son that were so bad they were left off the American version, and by how much better the songs that were remixed for her Enchanted boxset sounded, and it’s obvious the producer is just as much to blame.
If you are judging him based on Stevie's Street Angel klonopin phase in her career is not quite fair. Stevie blamed everyone except herself. Maybe if she gave a hoot about her career instead of constantly seeking out tranquilizers a better product could have been developed. Other artists may not appreciate Glyn's style but no doubt he is respected for his craft since he has worked with countless artists. I think his stuff is hit or miss. I will never understand the orchestra on Songbird but I like what he did on the other songs.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 06-24-2022 at 05:17 PM..