Thread: WW or OO?
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
It actually was the first single released from the White Album in the UK. I love Lindsey's acoustic guitar and Chris's dreamy organ. Its probably one of Chris's most romantic songs and that says a lot since most of her songs are romantic.
I voted “Over and Over.” To me, “Warm Ways” veers a little too close to Captain and Tennille (think “Muskrat Love” or “Do That to Me One More Time”). A little too AM for me, perhaps? Maybe it would have worked better for me as an instrumental, like “Albatross” or “Sunny Side of Heaven.”

Quote:
I dont hate Over and Over but the studio track is just meh IMHO. Live on stage its a beast. Oddly enough, the live version has the passion that the studio track lacks.
Bummer that it got played live only on the Tusk Tour. Why didn’t she ever bring it back? Must have been played a bit during the first month, then dropped in favor of “Oh Daddy” for the rest of the winter and spring, and brought back again for August.

A handful of songs got played on that tour that never again got played, group or solo:
  • Over and Over
  • Save Me a Place
  • What Makes You Think You’re the One
  • That’s Enough for Me

Neil Finn should have taken a crack at “What Makes You Think You’re the One.” Imagine him spazzing out and screaming and cackling maniacally — and pointing accusingly at Stevie.

moviekinks.blogspot.com