View Single Post
Old 09-26-2021, 08:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I have been online reading comments regarding this article from indignant Stevie fans who say that a woman should not be forced to stay with someone who makes her miserable. My answer to that is:

1. No one was forcing her to stay. She could leave anytime. She opted to stay and to force his exit. I have a problem with that.

2. You are assuming that Stevie is a reliable narrator and I disagree. I don’t believe everything she says. Just because she has said it in interviews since the seventies does not make it credible. Repetition is not evidence.

2. The test is not whether someone makes you miserable. The test is whether a REASONABLE PERSON would be miserable under the same circumstances. I posit that Stevie is not reasonable. Sure if you want to talk about the rumors that he kicked her in the shin; put a jacket over his head and mocked her on stage; threw a guitar at her, or he flicked her (and I do not even know what that means), then I agree that no one should be forced to work or live with someone who is doing those things to her.

However, no one has accused Lindsey of doing anything like that for almost 35 years. He certainly has not physically abused her since they reunited for The Dance. So, the last time he did anything to her was when he threw her over the hood of the car in 1987. Yes, you should never work with someone who did that to you, again. But she did and he has not assaulted her. So, the 1987 bonnet attack is no reason to get him fired from the band in 2018. If her fans want to assume that Lindsay has been beating her all of this time and she just has not said anything because she is too polite or intimidated having been cowed and silenced by him for decades, I think they are delusional. You are not rescuing Gabby Petito, here.

From what I can gather, the worst thing that Lindsey has done to Stevie, since 1997 forward, is tell her that she should not refer to the same person as “he” and “you”. Lindsey did that despicable pronoun thing to her and clearly it made her very miserable for more than a decade. However, no normal person would be made miserable by that. He also supposedly told her to wear a sweater and I am sure that was humiliating for her and everyone who loves her but what can I say? I do not think that forcing Stevie to continue to work with someone who taunts her grammatically and recommends cardigans is cruel and unusual punishment.

Certainly they have argued verbally over the last 25 years but I do not think that it has been a one-sided argument and that she has been subjected to his abuse unilaterally. She and Karen both seem to have been torturing him a lot over the last 20 years as well. Even Steven. He was not thrown out of the band because he is worse than she is. He was thrown out of the band because he makes them less money than she does. The injustices are not stacked in Stevie's favor.
I believe, but someone please correct me if I am wrong, this is the incident Mick wrote about in one of his many missives, and Stevie came out, refuted Mick's recollection of it, and defended Lindsey. Her followers really need to stop throwing that out there, when Stevie herself denied this incident happened (at least in the way it was relayed) In fact, I believe Stevie said she attacked Lindsey. I agree no one should be thrown over the front of a car, but until I hear Stevie and Lindsey's version of the incident, this needs to me put to bed. Further, while Stevie has said Lindsey is mean, angry.....she's never, to my knowledge, accused him of being physically violent with her.