View Single Post
Old 06-01-2022, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I read an interview years ago with Diana Ross, shortly after Matthew Shepherd was killed in a gay hate crime. That was all over the news. In the interview, the reporter asked Diana Ross about Matthew Shepherd, and she had no clue what he was talking about. He even explained it to her in detail, perhaps thinking she just didn’t recognize the name, but would know the general story. Nothing. She had not a clue. She said it was a horrible thing, but up until then she had never heard of it. That interview taught me that celebrity millionaires truly are in a different world from us. I try to imagine a world where someone doesn’t watch CNN or read the news or know about basic current events. I suppose Diana Ross may not be typical, but sadly I suspect she is.

So after that, no, it’s not hard for me to believe that Stevie either didn’t know or forgot that Fleetwood Mac recorded Black Magic Woman.
Diana is probably worse than Stevie. I knew someone in the eighties that was a limo driver in Vegas and was driving Diana when she asked that they stop at a restaurant for a "piece of toast" and then said " yes I eat like regular people".