View Single Post
Old 03-03-2023, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusky View Post
It's kind of watchable but I also sort of hate it. The FM parallels are teeth-gridingly obvious.
Karen/Christine (with British accent). Billy/Lindsey. aURORa/Rumours. They should deffo sue!
I listened to part of the album on Spotify and thought it was too derivative. It’s a pastiche of the Buckingham Nicks sound for people who haven’t thought very deeply about Buckingham Nicks. (The show is just more fodder for people who think Buckingham Nicks was Fleetwood Mac.) The songs and arrangements have no particular character other than emphasizing the surface appeal of Lindsey and Stevie singing together with country-rock acoustic guitars in the background. You want the singers and actors and producers to listen to a Tusk tour concert to learn what Fleetwood Mac actually sounded like, because it wasn’t bubblegum and gloppy beauty.

I’ll give episode one a try, but I doubt it’s any better than that Nashville series. The whole thing feels like cashing in. Nobody involved has anything to say other than that they can kind of look like them or sound like them, or the magazine ideal of them, because sounding like Mac is a trend at the moment. This is all someone’s dumb idea from the boardroom.

moviekinks.blogspot.com