View Single Post
Old 04-11-2003, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Clarification: My concern was that I was coming off as a jerk!
Thanks for the thoughtful reply - I'm always interested in what people "hear" when they listen to a given piece of music -
You seemed surprised about the reference of "It Takes Time" on RTC100 - it was listed as one of four bonus tracks along with "BMW", "GM" and "Albatross" -
If you haven't heard the version with the Brunning-Sunflower Band, you can find it on the "Jumping At Shadows" compilation - if you don't already have the Vaudeville Years discs, I highly recommend it - there are only a few Kirwan outtakes on it, but they are among the hightlights -
while the PGSG's playing is tighter than the Brunning-Sunflower and even Peter is sharper - he just seems more comfortable - it was recorded in '69 and again, with much of FM's studio recordings, they never seemed to be having that much fun -
I hope that what you read about Kirwan making music again is true, just for his own sake -
Who knows, Kirwan and Green might find a common bond in their shared experiences -
Anyway, his wishing him the best -
I'll check out Time Traders and let you know what I think -
Again, thanks

All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead
E. Vedder