View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
That said, some real gems after Rooms, Long Way to Go, the amazing Ooh My Love, and Escape from Berlin (love that title, so Stevie), second tier were Ghosts, Whole Lotta Trouble and Alice/Juliet (one song was enough of that couplet) but again atrocious covers, missed out on some really great songs, Julia would've fit nicely wink/nudge and All the Beautiful Worlds. Ending the album with Blue Water. Stevie doing covers except for Stop Draggin my Heart Around, was not one of her stronger points as a solo artist.
As I said in another thread, I like it when Stevie does some country- Think About It and That’s Alright are two of my favorite songs. I Still Miss Someone (Blue Eyes) falls in that category for me. She sounds so vulnerable and wistful on this song. I think it may be a bit much, with the whistle and carnival type music going on, but I overlook it. I also don’t mind when Stevie sings songs she didn’t write- Talk to Me, Whenever I Call You Friend, Stop Dragging My Heart, Seven Wonders, all are great songs. I really dislike Every Day, but because of the way she sings it- ugh. It has nothing to do with the fact she didn’t write it (at least not to me).