View Single Post
Old 11-26-2022, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Bwboy, have you ever had any criticism of Stevie Nicks? I've seen you excuse her stale setlists by saying COVID's still here so she doesn't rehearse that much and that's not true. She rehearsed one month before this last tour and even rehearsed in between legs.
I didn’t really mean to excuse her stale setlist, but I guess I did. I saw it more as a possible explanation, rather than an excuse.

I have very critical thoughts of Stevie. Why do I focus on other band members? Because it annoys me when some people criticize her for doing something, yet don’t say anything when Lindsey or Christine or John or Mick do it.

Example- “Stevie never gets asked the hard questions because her ‘people’ are there shielding her.” I have no problem with that, but guess what- so does Lindsey. Now how do I know this? Well, there was an interview with Lindsey right when Buck/Vie came out, where the reporter asked Lindsey why it wasn’t released as a FM album, when all the members but Stevie had worked on it. Lindsey hemmed and hawed and said something like it was always conceived as a duets album, etc and the reporter pressed him on that and that was when Lindsey’s publicist/agent/whatever stepped in and told the reporter the interview would be terminated if he continued with that line of questioning. Compare that to an interview in Out magazine where the reporter asked her about the rumours that someone used to blow coke up her *beep* and Stevie shot him down with her silence, but continued the interview. If someone intervened on Stevie’s behalf, the reporter didn’t bother to share that, but I believe he would have if it had happened. He said it was uncomfortable LOL.

Another example- “Stevie and Mick are to blame for Lindsey’s firing.” I have no problem with that statement, except it doesn’t include Christine and John. People have said they didn’t want to tour without Lindsey but they were under contract. Yes, and so we’re Mick and Stevie. The simple fact is, if Christine or John had said they wouldn’t have toured without Lindsey, then they wouldn’t have toured without Lindsey. They went along with the firing, but Stevie and Mick are the ones who seem to get the sole blame, at least among Lindsey fanatics.

Stevie wouldn’t tour if Lindsey was in the band? How about when Lindsey said he wouldn’t record with FM if Christine didn’t tour with them? Christine wanted to record but not tour, and Lindsey refused. Again, the rest of the band went along with him, so they’re just as much to blame. They knew the big money lay in touring, so in order to tour, they didn’t let Christine join them in the studio.

Criticism of Stevie? I’ve always said how much I hate When I See You Again, her remake of Crystal, and any album after the Other Side of the Mirror. I found her performance in the Mirage video to be fake and over the top, from her ‘speaking in tongues’ spectacle to the way she followed Lindsey around the stage so that she could get in every frame he was in when the camera was on him. It was gross watching her try to hog the camera.

I agree she’s shielded from the world and surrounded by yes people. I think her setlist shave been stale with two exceptions- Enchanted and Trouble in Shangri-La. Beyond stale, actually. I’ve seen her twice solo and Fleetwood Mac four times. I’ve seen Lindsey once. If ipI had known that he was going to be fired and that the pandemic was coming, I would have seen Lindsey and Christine on their tour, but who knew. If I had the opportunity to meet any of the band members, I would choose Mick in a heartbeat, because I think he would be the most talkative of the bunch. Christine might be next, but I’ve always had a feeling she isn’t crazy about talking to fans, although other people have said she’s been gracious when interacting with fans. I’d love to talk to her about her songs, though. Stevie and Lindsey, I think conversation would be very limited, as I’m not a musician so I don't think I’d have much to say to Lindsey, and Stevie just seems hot and cold and again I wouldn’t know what to say to either of them they haven’t already heard a million times. John I can’t even imagine what I’d say to him.

I’m much more familiar with Stevie’s solo music because she’s released the most solo material. I’m happy that Lindsey is becoming much more prolific than he’s ever been, but honestly, it’s too late for me. I hated Say You Will for the most part, and found the new songs on the EP and the Dance CD forgettable. That’s why I don’t care that FM hasn’t recorded anything new- seeing them live, I’d rather hear deep cuts than new songs any day from FM.