View Single Post
Old 10-30-2021, 06:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Only Over You was always my least favorite song on Mirage. I never liked songs that begin with a vocal with the music. As an early teen I just could not get past the dreamy lullaby to appreciate it. I was 13 and playing Mirage on our stereo and my mother never cared for my music but she came to me and told me what a beautiful song that was playing. I still did not get it or like it much. When I got older and especially after the reissue of Mirage is when I really started to appreciate its finest. It has a bouncy beat at the end and has some incredible harmonies. Like many of Chris's songs, she is in love but someone is mistreating her i.e. They say, I'm a silly girl but I'm not a fool. Sort of reminds me of Say you love me i.e. if you use me again it will be the end of me. She is pouring out her love but does mention she is aware of something wrong in the relationship.
I always loved Ask Anybody. Brilliantly written and the song really makes you feel what Christine is feeling. It also transformed live pretty well. There is a video on youtube of this song from her 1984 tour. Its Chris against the world in the song but she is standing by her man. I forgot but Mick plays drums on Ask Anybody.
Dennis was heavily into drugs like heroin, acid, and cocaine but he also had to be very nutty. He lived with Charles Manson when they had many women living at the house as servants. The stuff that went on at that house was pretty freaky and eventually led to brutal murder.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-30-2021 at 02:23 PM..