View Single Post
Old 09-28-2021, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
Thrown Down wasn’t written in the 2000’s when he was married with kids though. It was written in 1997 during whatever weirdness was happening on The Dance tour. And he certainly was also participating in whatever that was. Kissing her head in that interview, telling rolling stone they aren’t getting back together yet but nothing’s impossible, that weird kiss during the Landover show, etc etc.

We could be critical of her choosing to release that song while he was married with kids, but it definitely wasn’t written in or about that present time so it’s not really an insult to the family he had by then. She wasn’t saying he’s in love with her in 2003, just that he fell for her again in 1997.

Fall From Grace was also written in the 1997 time period. I think the only song I can think of off hand that was written about him after he was married with a family was You May Be The One, which isn’t really about him pining for her as much as it’s about her being sad that they just weren’t meant to be (though it does mention Lindsey saying it took “years of regret and pain” to get past it). And I think My Heart is probably about Lindsey as well and may have been written post-1997 (not sure though since it was originally recorded in the TISL sessions that Fall From Grace and Thrown Down were recorded in, and both of those were 97). That one’s actually more so her pining for him though.
Thank you for all of this. It's fascinating!
I never knew about You May Be the One. I had figured Stevie's last songs written about Lindsey were done in 1996-2000.