View Single Post
Old 06-04-2021, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

interesting the Mitchell Froom link as of course he worked with LB.

This meme about the band members being old has come up several times now... funny how when Chris mentioned it, about really John, and to some extent herself as well, she got slapped down and made to walk it back. (My suspicion then and still now was the Stevie/Stevie's management had a big hand in that, not wanting to turn off fans for the remaining Stevie gig$).

When she said it it reminded me of Lindsey's comment during the whole firing fiasco that Chris was "fragile".

Now again we have a band member (Neil) saying that age is a real factor in trying to get them to do anything more as a band. Wonder if he'll get a smack down phone call. Won't likely matter because he's back to his real band now anyway

It really does sound like the McVies are done, and it'd have to be a really big paycheck for a very limited amount of time to get them (esp John I think) to get out there again. Given John's loathing of the studio, getting him to do another record seems quite slim to none as well. (Though maybe after a hiatus from the road he might miss playing a bit...or not. I still think he'd rather be out on his boat chilling out).

Mick and Stevie really are cut from the same cloth, both want to get onstage til they drop....too bad for him she's never really brought him into her solo work (an brief appearance in a video, and he has played on a couple of studio tracks) and even when she did it was not to the same extent LB has (big swaths of albums).

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 06-04-2021 at 11:37 AM..