View Single Post
Old 08-09-2021, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a different theory- I think Stevie is still mad at Lindsey, but Mick really does want Lindsey back in FM. The tour is over and everyone made a lot of money, including Lindsey, but Mick probably realized during the last tour that they all likely only have one more tour left in them before they retire. Throw in Lindsey’s apparently sincere desire to rejoin the band for one last hurrah, and surprising willingness to forgive and forget, and Christine’s likely willingness to tour one last time, and I think Mick is hoping that Stevie will change her tune. In that EW interview, it sounded like Lindsey was even ok with not recording with FM again, which makes sense if he and Mick think a FM tour would truly be their farewell. Plus, a FM farewell tour with Lindsey back in the band would sell wildly. If the pandemic ever subsides enough, that is. I suspect Lindsey’s solo tour is going to be called off. If so, Lindsey’s really going to want to do a big television reunion concert with FM ala the Dance, and Stevie would absolutely join them for that. John, I bet he won’t tour, but he would probably do a televised concert. So with all these different theories floating about, it’ll be interesting to see what actually happens.