View Single Post
Old 05-17-2023, 08:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Whatever drinking or drugs she did or didn’t do during TANGO doesn’t eclipse the great contributions she made to the record. As she often said, she was always at the boards with Lindsey and Richard, so Lindsey’s oft-told complaint that the band were in bad shape does not account for Christine. She had just finished a solo record and tour, and a soundtrack project when they started the record. She was NOT out of shape or rusty. She was primed. And contributed a lot.
I 100% agree. I wasn’t saying that drinking and drug use negatively impacted her work. It’s evident by pretty much all her musical work that drinking and drugs never negatively impacted her music. Her solo album was great and her Tango contributions are some of her best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Well it's kind of like every tour since The Dance, where they weren't drinking and drugging anymore.
I remember she said during an interview in 2014 when she was rejoining the band, that this will be the first time she’s touring without drinking. She also said the rest of the band members had quit drinking too.