View Single Post
Old 03-20-2021, 07:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyourownway View Post
Help me understand how this is white privilege? Unlike Jondolar or whatever their name is, I know this is a thing. But I am unsure how it applies in this instance.
It's real and a problem, not merely "a thing".

I'll help you.
Nathan is BIPOC. Stevie is a multimillionaire. With the release of Show Them the Way, she has said we must be kind to one another.
She praised the TikTok sensation. Made her own video which was all about her. She could've said in the video "Hi Nathan, thank you for sharing my song" like she thanked American Horror Story for 120 nights from 2014-2015.

Nathan was responsible for Dreams and Rumours topping the charts again. Nathan is working a very hard job and is "an everyday folk". He offered Stevie 50% of the NFT, he didn't ask for a giveaway.

What's the loss to Stevie here? She, a white millionaire who watches movies on a theater screen in her lavish Santa Monica condo and takes a private jet to Maui during a pandemic, could have permitted this deal with Nathan and supported a BIPOC so that he could buy his parents a house and build a community center in his town!

Thus, she's reneges on her message of Show Them the Way.