View Single Post
Old 02-26-2023, 09:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
This article quotes Elmer Gantry's recollections of the set-up of the supposedly "fake" Mac

https://pleasekillme.com/fakewood-mac/

[I]In a 2017 BBC Radio interview, Gantry and Gregory confirmed that they were indeed told by Davis that they were forming the new Fleetwood Mac. But they alleged that Fleetwood’s involvement in the project went much further than what Fleetwood described in his autobiography. Gantry said, “Mick Fleetwood came to our house and we talked through the new band, and it all seemed fine. Mick said, well, I can’t actually come and rehearse with you, it was fairly imminent going to America to tour, but if you get [a temporary] drummer, I’ll join you for the tour.”

If Elmer Gantry had indeed seen “court papers from the 1970s” in which Mick, presumably under oath, had confirmed this, this would presumably give him licence to talk about the whole shenanigans openly.
All very interesting. I'd certainly believe that Mick knew more about this than he ever let on. I think at that time, both John and Chris had said they might be leaving the band also, things had just gotten very bad and maybe it was mick's way of somehow hanging on and thinking he could move forward w fm on a different path...always Mick's mindset was 'how can i keep this going?'

--Lis