View Single Post
Old 05-04-2022, 05:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Well, it is his personal list of his 50 favorite FM songs. Its entirely possible he’s familiar with Christine’s pre-Rumours songs but just didn’t care for them. I mean, it’s harder for me to believe that the only Lindsey song he picked from Mirage was Oh Diane, and not Book of Love or Eyes of the World. I mean, Oh Diane?!?

But this was his personal list of favorites. I think all things considered, it’s a pretty fair representation of their songs and history.
Of course I am not attacking anyone's opinion on Fleetwood Mac songs (that would be so against my nature )
I just notice something very glaring which is odd. The list contains deep cuts from albums like What makes you think you're the one and Thats alright. It also has a few deep cuts from Danny or Peter. However no deep cuts from Chris? What gives. I dont consider any song from Rumours a deep cut because even causal listeners know every song. So in essence, all of his Christine songs are her singles (minus the Rumours songs). Her hit making process was really blossoming in the early years. I just dont see how someone can post deep cuts from all other singers except her. She would has the best deep cuts. Its just a glaring oversight that seems odd. Chris is the soul of Fleetwood Mac. I would have liked to have seen a few more Bob Welch songs too. If you are doing a list of their entire catalog (which is a very difficult thing to do), you must be fair to everyone. Throw in Hereoes are hard to find or Spare me a little otherwise spare me this crap.