View Single Post
Old 04-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Huh?
Confused by the timeline? Its true she sent them demos while on the RAL tour. WTTRS was definitely written and recorded post rehab. It may have been the final track recorded and slapped on the record. Apparently all the songs were crap and Welcome/Sara was the least worst option.
The only reason I posted this was because the part of Lindsey deleting Stevie's vocals pre-rehab. I had not heard that so direct before. I knew she was rare in the studio but much of the reason Lindsey was crafty was because Stevie was so terrible and then not around because of rehab. I wish Lindsey would write a book someday. IMHO listening to Ooh My Love tells a story. Its so bad I was surprised the Mac released it on their Tango deluxe reissue.
I think a book by Lindsey would be incredibly fascinating. Doesn’t seem likely, though. Sorry you don’t like how Stevie sounds on Ooh My Love- I loved the outtake on the Deluxe Edition but I’ll have to listen to it again to see if I can hear what you’re hearing with her vocals. As for Stevie’s least worst option, I would give that honor to When I See You Again.

Learning more about when each song was recorded for Tango would be cool, and certainly interesting. I wonder if Christine had any idea at the time how stellar her contributions were? Or any of the band members, for that matter. Little Lies, Isn’t It Midnight, Everywhere, Mystified… not a bad song in the bunch! And why Down Endless Street didn’t make the album over Family Man is hard to comprehend.

I wanted to add, it’s always been curious to me that Lindsey left when he did. I totally understand that making that album was not fun for him, but the thing is, the worst was over: Stevie went to rehab and quit drugs, Mick knocked off the drugs, and the album was complete. By all accounts, Stevie, the biggest problem at the time, was doing well at that point, and totally recommitted to touring with them. I wonder if the tour had gone well, if that would have kept them together and with another album following. Moot point, but this post got me thinking ‘what if?’