View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
The Dance was for money but what was "Twisted" for?
According to Stevie, she wanted to write the song specifically for the movie because she wanted to capture its theme in the song.

Quote:
Why did Stevie choose to work with Lindsey on it?
Not sure why she actually called Lindsey and Mick at that point (very early 1996), but she did. I have always felt that she had emerged from her depression by then and was starting to get back in serious touch with her career. Things were revving up at the time (much of which never got released), including a live concert filmed for Lifetime on cable, a bio-documentary on Lifetime, some more recording (including Twister and Boys on the Side and the TV series Party of Five), a series of one-up appearances at rock shows that year (Tempe, LA, St. Petersburg, Cleveland, Boston), and lots more press (such as interviews with younger rockers Billy Corgan and Courtney Love). I think she had a new manager at that point, and was just getting eagerly back in the game. She may have felt that she wanted to patch things up with Lindsey and Mick.

Quote:
At the time they decided to collaborate on it, did they already know thy would be reforming FM?
I don’t think they had any idea in early 1996 of a band reunion in their future. (If they had, why would it take over a year to pull it together?) I think that the amicability of the Twisted work helped them make up their minds in 1997 — when they were finally discussing a reunion. In other words, had 1996 been fractious and unpleasant, I doubt Nicks would have eased back into the band a year later. But other ledgies, like Steve, are more prone to twisted plots and contrivances than I, and they think that the seeds of the actual reunion idea were planted in 1996 or even in 1995, involving the dismissal of Rick, Billy, and the dismantling of the Dave Mason grouping. I just don’t see it that way. Fleetwood Mac fizzled out in the mid-1990s, Mick and John thought they were permanently finished as a band, and it was only happenstance that the Rumours Five got back together in 1997 (of course, I’m not naive enough to believe that they didn’t know they would make a financial killing by doing what the Eagles had done in 1994).

moviekinks.blogspot.com