View Single Post
Old 01-29-2023, 04:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I wasn’t sure whether to put this in the Rumours forum of the Lindsey forum, but ultimately decided on the Rumours forum. My question is, has it ever been said definitively which Lindsey songs that appeared on FM albums were actually recorded with the band? I know we could all guess, but has it ever been acknowledged for sure which songs they were? Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Definite solo songs:
Make Me a Mask

95% certain solo songs:
Family Man
Big Love
Tango in the Night
Walk a Thin Line
What Makes You Think You’re the One
That’s All For Everyone
Not That a funny
Book of Love

Always wondered about:
Caroline
Tusk
The Ledge
I Know I’m Not Wrong
Empire State
Oh Diane
Book of Love

I really wonder about Tusk- I assume the band recorded it together, but with the marching band playing along, I can’t really tell.
In a 1981 interview with Musician Magazine, Buckingham said that "The Ledge", "Save Me a Place", and "That's Enough For Me" were recorded all by himself. The liner notes of Tusk's 2015 deluxe edition mention that "What Makes You Think You're the One" only featured Lindsey and Mick. During the Tusk documentary, there's also footage of Mick Fleetwood aggressively striking a snare drum on "Walk a Thin Line" and another segment with Nicks and Christine McVie recording backing vocals on the same song, although I'm not entirely sure if they were used on the final mix.

If I remember correctly, John McVie mentioned in a Q&A with The Penguin that he played bass on "Caroline". The vocal interlude in "Family Man" was also sung by Nicks according to Buckingham in a 1987 interview.

Last edited by WalkAThinLine.; 01-29-2023 at 06:59 PM..