View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
not to mention working in jabs at Lindsey every single interview. "He did great work on my songs...when he was happy with me. When he was unhappy with me they didn't turn out great" "Lindsey was like a slavedriver" "I had to keep my solo success away from all of them because they didn't like it" having to tiptoe around Lindsey, etc etc etc
If he truly, truly didn't like her, he wouldn't have done all that fantastic work on her songs, starting with #1 "Dreams". Please, what drives people to that song is not exactly the lyrics (which I could never understood a word. Please, thunder not only happens when it's raining!), but that chorus effect Lindsey created at the beginning of the song with the volume swell.
He always put a lot of effort into her songs. Always, no matter his feelings towards her. But of course, she had to make it all about her....
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.