View Single Post
Old 08-07-2021, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinker12 View Post
I don’t think he knows any other way.

If Stevie agreed to his return, I don’t think it would be a welcoming. More a “grit her teeth and bear it.” (Which begs the question, why would she? Maybe for the legacy. The money. Because Mick talked her into it…)
She says she's boss in her solo tours but it's really Waddy. Yes she chooses the songs (Waddy also gets to offer songs) but Waddy's doing the live arrangements.

I'd say for the 2018 tour, Mike was the musical director. It's funny because the Lindsey songs including World Turning had the same arrangements like Lindsey did for the live shows (Mick with the rolling drums to start SHN, The guitar countoff for GYOW and Neil on the drumriser, Counting off for Monday Morning and World Turning)

As for Stevie agreeing to Lindsey returning, I don't think she cares about legacy. Because if you cared about the legacy of your band, you certainly wouldn't be performing two songs from Neil Finn that have nothing to do with your band's history unless you were doing it as a tribute to deceased. I let the Petty tribute fly but the song choice was really uninspired. Even Mike doesn't care for Free Fallin live (see his interview on the 2013 Heartbreaker Tour: "We're free from Free Fallin)

And they also should've wiped Lindsey's songs from the 2018 setlist. Sara, Over my Head, Sisters of the Moon, Crystal, Love in Store, and Angel could've been performed over some of the bland songs they did on the 2018 tour.

Last edited by UnwindedDreams; 08-07-2021 at 09:26 AM..