View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 09:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendaze5 View Post
Not to mention 'Over My Head', given as 8/24/80.

We all know Christine only did 'Over and Over' and 'Think About Me' (at least for a few shows) for the 'Tusk' tour.

I've always found it curious that while Stevie and Lindsey did a couple of their new songs on this tour, Christine held back. Was she herself not comfortable with her new material? Or was it a group consensus when deciding the set list?

It would've been cool if she did 'Brown Eyes', instead of waiting till 1982. Or my personal fav 'Honey Hi'.
These are the things I want to hear about in interviews! I don't care about 99% of what people talk to them about. I want to know why Chris didn't play Brown Eyes throughout the ridiculously long Tusk Tour but somehow thought to play it in 1982 and then yet again 5 years later after Lindsey left?

I do think Chris tends to stick to hits. Even in some of her Mirage-era introductions of Brown Eyes, she feels compelled to call it an obscure song from an obscure album. Even as late as 2015 she basically talked down Think About Me during introductions and I want to say did the same with All Over Again on their last dumb tour. It's probably why we never hear anything from her pre-1975 catalog anymore. And I guarantee without Lindsey's pushing, she wouldn't have even thought about playing Wish You Were Here on BuckVie.