View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 01:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I briefly met Christine at a weird celebrity softball game in Encino in early 1987..the game was between Fleetwood Mac and of all groups Motley Crue. Nicks and Buckingham were not there . Mick ,John and Christine were as well as Stevie's ne're do well brother Chris. Most of the fans there were skanky girls there to see Motley Crue. Christine came over and talked to some us fans through the chain link fence and signed a couple of autorgraphs .One friend of mine asked her about the yet to be released Tango and she replied "it's a good album I promise you that ". Then he gave her something to sign and she replied 'uh this isn't a very good pen." Another fan that i did not know gave her some kind of plaque to give to Stevie which she graciously accepted ( and hopefully threw in the trash) Another fan gave her a bumper sticker to which she responded "oh for me'! as if she were surprised someone actually gave her something. I asked her if she was going to play in the softball game and she gave me a kind of withering look. My ex who was there told John " I grew up with you "he did not reply but his expression was priceless. My impression of Christine is that she was cordial and down to earth but would not put up with nonsense
Nicks and Buckingham weren't there. Hmm. Divas?

I did sound once for Vince Neil's solo band. He was a complete coke head DICK. The show started 3 HOURS late on a weeknight. The crowd was outraged when he finally took the stage, chanting "BULLSH*T". He played 3 songs and left the stage. The crowd began to riot and the state police had to be called in. It got a small write up in Rolling Stone a couple weeks later. You can't make this sh*t up...

Who TF brings a gift for $tevie and gives it to someone else to give to her? I f*cking hate people...

That was still a pretty sweet meeting with Christine! Color me jealous.

I brought her a dozen roses to the second show of the Buck Vie tour. I could push them within a couple inches of her toes, but she didn't seem to notice. She left the stage at the end, and left them. Her assistant came out gathering her personal belongings a few minutes later, and I talked to her for a minute, and BEGGED her to please take them back stage and give them to Christine. She picked them up and took them back stage. In my heart, I HAVE to believe that she got them.

Although she never called me. My number was included in the card, should she be needing someone to worship her while she was in Nashville!