View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 08:37 PM
Senior Ledgie

I think the volume was great this tour, and we were on the side practically at the stage and near the speakers, it was a good loud as the article posted mentioned. Though I did have an aunt and uncle with me who were more casual fans and just people who love concerts (and love me and making me happy!) so I remember trying to explain a couple of things to them and that was basically hopeless. You sort of need to be able to explain the Gold Dust coked out dance to people who aren't familiar with that. Lol

During the 2013 show, I thought there was some bad loud going on, notably that Stevie's mic was up too loud. Think they may have had some problems with the venue, her headset also went out during the show (which at least meant we got an unscripted impromptu joke about it being 76 all over again or something to that nature). But yeah, I remember asking in the thread about the 2013 Detroit/ Joe Louis Arena concert if anyone else thought there were sound issues on the Stevie front. I had a hard time making out the words she sang and it would sort of hit static at the loudest points. It was kind of a bummer to me being a lifelong SN fan and that being my first show. But I will say given that experience, this tour she's sounded absolutely phenomenal and I'm so so thrilled at the way she's doing the end of Silver Springs, have a video I posted of it on Facebook and I fought to keep quiet to record it but I lost my mind over that part. That's an example of good loud too, if she had been singing that last "follow you down" with the kind of force of this tour and the original recording during the show I saw in 2013 it would've sounded awful because the volume was just so screwy especially on her. So I'm pretty happy with where things currently are at.