View Single Post
Old 01-29-2022, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
I never understood that rivalry between Bob and Chris...In a thing about "egos"?, one part banned the other from the story of a band where the banned part was very well known...and some years later, it continued without reasons!
Bob was an amazing musician. His solo career was short and forgotten, he couldn't manage it well to become a more famous artist. Even today, one of his most famous songs is Sentimental Lady, one which he recorded with FM before, so it's a solo song, but originally not a so-solo song...
I didn't know Wendy. When I entered here, there was a strong discussion about Bob and the R&RHOF, and Wendy was telling that Chris was the problem, that was unfair what happened with Bob, the rojalties, and stuff...When I returned here, maybe two years ago, I noticed that Wendy passed away too, banned from the forum and with no answer about her husband's situation in the Hall of Fame and on the FM history...
I remember Bob at the Rock Family Trees documentary -at my point of view, the best documentary of FM ever made-. Of course it was 1995, nothing about R&RHOF or stuff was mentioned, but at least he was also a main part of the film. Anyway, he didn't talk so much about his departure, and of course, the reasons why.
Something happened between him and Chris. I find it hard to believe royalties on old albums made Chris block him from the RRHOF. It may be the case though. Clearly they were all close into the early 80s. Something happened and we may never know what. Mick is a liar and instead of telling the truth in his book, he lies. Would it not have been nice to admit it was wrong. Bob is dead so the lawsuit no longer matters.
Maybe there was a settlement where Mick and Chris had to fork over money in the dark days post Time pre Dance and they got scared about money. This is why I nearly threw up knowing the Mac performed Hypnotized on the 2018 tour. Clearly they have no shame.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-29-2022 at 08:21 PM..