View Single Post
Old 06-17-2022, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
Funny story about Loverboy and Mike Reno’s headband:
A few years ago, maybe 5 or 6, they were playing a summer festival in a small north western Ontario town.
My husband and I were super excited to go see them, they were THE band of my high school years (78-81).
In the old days, Mikes headband was always thrown by him during the last song, into the audience. People would fight to own that piece of memorabilia.
Great concert, but the guys have definitely aged. Mike was sweating profusely and looked like he was working really hard, even though his singing was very very good. It really was a great concert. Outdoor venue, middle of summer, hot humid night.
During the last song, sure enough, off comes the headband, he does a few twirls on his finger and tosses the thing out into the audience.
The entire place separated like the Dead Sea, and the thing lands with a wet splat on the floor. The band is still singing, everyone in the audience is looking at this wet blob on the floor, no one picks it up. People move back in over the blobby headband, and continue to dance and sing.
After people started to leave, the cleaning crew were picking up plastic glasses, etc, and sure enough, that headband was still sitting there.
That is fu*king HILARIOUS.
25 hot, 65 not.