View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
An additional fact, the one that seems to be the greatest driver of much of the 'vitriol', is the band members opted to present a highly manipulated story about what led up to Lindsey's departure,
I guess I’ve considered Stevie to be such an unreliable source of information for decades that I took what she said with a pound of salt, as I always do. I guess I assumed most people around here were of the same mindset. However, Mick’s accounting of what happened isn’t drastically different from what Brett said.

The story they presented seemed to have been a filtered (i.e. by legal) version of what really happened, because they knew they were going to get sued (because what classic rock band ever fired a guy without getting sued??). I only fault them for saying anything in the first place, but Fleetwood Mac is gonna Fleetwood Mac. They’re not the band that would simply say “it was an internal decision and we don’t discuss internal matters,” are they?

Quote:
So a lot of the anger comes from the insulting fact that this group of people in whom so many of us have invested large amounts of energy, emotion, and yes, cold hard cash that contributes to their ability to afford presidential suites and private jets, essentially looked us all in the face and lied, believing we were too dumb notice.
Funny, I just bought their music because I liked their music. I certainly don’t feel owed an explanation. Fleetwood Mac was always the biggest sh*tshow in rock. You weren’t seriously expecting a neat and tidy happy ending?

THE Stephen Hopkins