View Single Post
Old 06-08-2004, 09:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky
Quite by coincidence, I found myself in Slimy Valley for the first time today. There was a slight traffic issue. The radio was wall to wall "Reagan was a GOD" silliness. I couldn't escape it. Big surprise, I did not stop by the library to pay my respects. It wouldn't have been pretty.
Sorry for the pain of the family, of course. But, I have nothing nice to say about the man's political career and it's consequences. He has been diefied because he wandered around smily, optimistic, and talking about religion and the military. If we all handled our finances like his administration did, we would be bankrupt and homeless....ummmm kind of like all the people put out on the street from the mental hospitals ?

I better stop now.
NOBODY stops to pay their respects because they think it's the right thing to do, they do it for the experience and for something to bring up at cocktail parties. They played the casket viewing live on CSPAN and people just walked in, pointed, made gestures; stuff like that. No one paid respects.

But I wouldn't even waste my time visiting his casket.