View Single Post
Old 02-10-2023, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I’ve heard from Dave Mason fans years ago that he’s kind of an asshole. The article where they interviewed guys from his ‘70s band said he wasn’t much of a people person.

I watched a Facebook live stream interview with Dave and Mick. Mick said he was perfectionist. Dave seemed a little high strung and twitchy. Mick’s book said there were issues between Dave and Bekka and Richard said he left Time because of Dave. Also, John Courage’s exact words to me on the phone were “Dave Mason is an asshole.”
This era of the band is so forgettable but yet also so fascinating. He has got to be a giant asshole. Like Lis said, Christine has to be one of the easiest people in the history of the band to collaborate and get along with. She’s been there and worked with every imaginable combination and always seemed keen to make whatever combination of personalities work. For her to be like, screw this, I hate him - he had to be just awful.

Let’s put it this way, she’d been able to deal with Mick’s nonsense for fifty years. She got on with John after what sounded like it was a tumultuous and at times abusive marriage. She literally up until her late 70’s had been able to get along with both Stevie Nicks AND Lindsey Buckingham - two of the most polarizing and annoying personalities in music. But Dave Mason was a bridge too far!