View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Macfan4life, Stevie said in the liner notes Thank you to Fleetwood Mac, for being, after all this time... wonderful. But I am certain she thanked Lindsey and the other members individually on her first 2 albums.

Sorry you don’t like I Still Miss Someone. I really like it, she sounds great and I don’t mind that she didn’t write it, she sings it with a lot of feeling. Even that whistle you mention, I enjoy. You’re right, the song does sound like it’s being played at a carnival, which makes the lyrics even more of a contrast, because they’re pretty sad while the music is upbeat. This song is vague enough to be universal, it could be about a boyfriend, a good friend, or a family member.

I wish the one guy on the podcast who said he didn’t like Doing the Best I Can would have given a reason. While I agree the production is over the top, such as the part where she sings “I was silent, I was locked away” followed by the pounding of the keyboards that sounds like it’s from the Addams Family show, the lyrics and vocals alone make this an incredible song. I mean, this is Stevie being her most honest and vulnerable... usually her lyrics are vague and could apply to anything, but more than ever on this album and on this song in particular, she is pretty much telling us she hit rock bottom in no uncertain terms, and in first person, no less. There are a few metaphors here, but mostly, she’s telling us about her lowest point in as straightforward a fashion as she can.
Now I am curious. Dont make me dig out CDs because I dont have the albums anymore. I could be wrong but do not remember a specific THANK YOU to Lindsey on any other album. I don't remember at mention of Fleetwood Mac either until this album.
Prove yourself. Go dig out your CDs and find the exact quote. I could be wrong but the reason I seem to remember this was because it was a first. I always loved reading the inner notes of albums.

Edit: I was wrong. I dug out my copy of TOSOTM and no mention of Lindsey. Not sure why I thought that. I remember the Fleetwood Mac line but for some reason I thought Lindsey was also mentioned. Wrong.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-17-2021 at 08:15 PM..