View Single Post
Old 01-08-2023, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I know, I wasn't replying to you.
What three songs post Rock A Little would you say for Stevie are better than Christine's post Tango songs?

Show Them The Way, Blue Denim, and Trouble in Shangri-La?

I love Temporary One. It's so fast and the harmonies are wonderful, though I think Sweet Girl has the best FM harmonies.
Since Rock a Little, Rooms on Fire, the long version of Planets of the Universe, Moonlight, and Secret Love. So four songs, I guess. And then with Fleetwood Mac, Thrown Down is my favorite Stevie song since Tango. And considering Stevie has released so many albums compared to Christine, that’s a pretty poor showing. I no longer even have the last few albums by Stevie. You mentioned Blue Denim and Trouble in Shangri-La- are they some of your favorites? I thought they were ok, I didn’t dislike them at all but I found them unmemorable. Show Them the Way IMO, is really really bad. Right up there with What’s the Matter Baby.

For me, in terms of the songs themselves, Stevie’s material got worse as time went on; Lindsey’s material was pretty much the same, i.e. consistent but little growth; and Christine’s material matured. From her early pre-Buckingham Nicks material through FM itself, through her last album, her songwriting matured in a way that I really enjoyed. Comparing Save Me and As Long As You Follow to Over My Head and Spare Me a Little, I see a growth that appeals to me. I love a lot of her early stuff- I just also love a lot of her later stuff just as much, which I can’t say about Stevie.