View Single Post
Old 11-23-2022, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Maybe Mick's album cover scared too many people away Go treat yourself and listen to Heroes again. It has unique charm. It was my first Mac album pre Buckingham/Nicks. I love the blusey brass opener with Chris. It features an angry Chris song which is rare and 2 other love songs that are off the charts. Bob does great on Silver Heals too. I love Mystery and its always been a toss up which album is better. Why is such a strong lure to Mystery so that is impossible to ignore.
Its shocking to look back at Heroes being released in Sept 1974 and only a few months later Stevie and Lindsey join. They did that brilliant radio concert in December 1974 which was wonderful. Its sad we never got Mystery To Me and Heroes Are Hard To Find tours. Lots of drama killed any tours sadly Heroes is almost like a throw away album since its rarely even mentioned or played. You may hear a song from earlier albums but Heroes is like the step child which is ignored yet it was their first album to crack the top 40 with NO single and NO hits and NO airplay and NO tour. Go figure.

Edit: Silly us. We overlooked the biggest clue and signal some of these albums have not received platinum status. Mick does not have any of them listed for sale He is selling the gold Bare Trees but is keeping the platinum one I guess
You know, I always listened to the single "Heroes", and Come A Little Bit Closer. Aren't both of them on The Chain boxed set? god, I've not listened to that for quite a while, either. I need my fan card revoked! When cars had MULTI CD players, I'd put that sh*t into rotation. I only have a single player now, and barely mess with it.