View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 09:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
As for the songs, what else would they have played beyond something from Behind the Mask? And, I’m not sure Billy was considered a member initially on that tour. Dave Mason made it sound like Billy was an auxiliary player in a pre-tour interview.
I guess my point was there were other "Fleetwood Mac" songs that could have been played, including from BTM, that wasn't 70% of the Rumours album. They just continued to cement that the 1975-87 lineup was the real band and any other incarnation is really just here to play the songs that you know, even if you aren't sure who is singing/playing them. Which goes to your other point, that once the inauguration happened in 1993, it was inevitable that they'd reunite at some point and anything else was just a placeholder.

I'd argue the Stones in 1989 kind of began that trend for the classic rock genre. Except they released a new album every time they toured until 2013 (maybe '99). But it was basically, we're going to come out every few years and play the songs you know along with maybe a few new ones to try to keep us relevant. The boomers are starting to enter their peak earning years, want to relive their youth, and had the money to do so. We're here to help for one night! It really was inevitable for any of these bands who did it because it was a massive payday opportunity.

Quote:
Twisted happened after Mick broke the band up.
Good catch, that time period gets a little blurry for me