View Single Post
Old 10-09-2023, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'm 99% sure Macfan was not referring to you, BWBOY.

Now, how about Christine McVie, our Songbird.
Geez, I really feel like a jerk now. When I first read your comment that you were 99% sure Macfan4life wasn’t referring to me, I thought you were crazy. But I know you’re not a BSer, jbrownsjr, so I know you wouldn’t just say that unless you meant it. And frankly, I was so irritated at the situation, I must have read the comment all wrong. So I apologize to you Macfan4life, for taking my frustration out on you. Even though we disagree a lot about FM and SN (Talk to Me is a good song!) I enjoy reading your take on things and the way you bring up thoughtful subjects and topics. I hate that I got defensive and sincerely hope you accept my apology. I would have sent you a message but I really wanted to accept responsibility in front of everyone.

Christine McVie was wonderful. I saw her with FM three times- BTM in 1990, the Dance in 1996, and the last FM tour in 2019 (or 2018, whenever it was). The last tour I saw her with FM, she was the highlight of the concert. I pointed out out at the time that her stage presence had strengthened so much since 1996, and the only reason I could think of was because of her tour with Lindsey the year before. Seeing her come out from behind the keyboard and take center stage for some songs was a new thing to see, and she seemed to love it.

IĀ’m very excited to buy the rerelease of her 1984 album in November. Preorders are available now, and hopefully there will be more stuff from the archives released soon.