View Single Post
Old 01-19-2023, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I am not sure that someone like Dolly would wish to be around someone with the current Stevie's self absorbtion and bloated sense of importance. The country singers of Dolly's generation often came from childhoods of abject poverty. Stevie complained about having to make hamburger helper during the few months that her wealthy parents cut her off before she joined FM. I know that Stevie was in Betty Ford at the same time as the late Tammy Wynette. Tammy in spite of all her troubles remained a down to earth and kind lady. I don't believe that they interacted and Tammy also would have looked askance at the narcissistic mess that Stevie had become even by that time.
I'm a huge country music guy, and I can tell you that fans of their generation simply wouldn't tolerate uppity self absorbed stars. It's different now(I did monitors for Miranda Lambert, and she had her handlers surrounding her, even keeping the sound people(me) from speaking to them).