View Single Post
Old 01-15-2023, 06:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

I only have Green's first two albums (The End of the Game and In the Skies, so my knowledge on his solo career is rather limited. On those first two albums, Green is credited as writer or co-writer on most tracks, although his debut his entirely jam based. In terms of commercial success, some of Greens' early 80s albums actually did chart in certain European countries, including Germany and Norway.

Like you said, much of Green's 1980s material was influenced by his brother Mike (he has nearly all of the writing credits starting with Little Dreamer and ending with Kolors. During the Splinter Group era, most of the album tracks are cover songs of existing material, so there are very few, if any, new Peter Green compositions from that era. With the exception of In the Skies (1979), none of his solo albums possess a higher rating than three stars out of five. His foray into blues-funk during the 80s is intriguing, but the songs are often marred by Green's vocals. With the Splinter Group, however, Nigel Watson handles a share of the vocals, and he does a decent enough job on the songs I've listened to.

Last edited by WalkAThinLine.; 01-15-2023 at 06:35 PM..