View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyman10 View Post
Hmm. I'd be genuinely interested to see what your sources are for saying this, because it's really not the impression I get, and I've read and seen just about everything!

We'll just disagree, then, unless you care to persuade me with evidence (and I am definitely persuadable - I love to have my mind changed!)

Loz
What do you mean what's my source? I'm not relaying backstage gossip. I'm talking about interviews Stevie has given. In that Rock Family tree interview, she is dissing all of FM to the point where even John objects and complains that according to her everything about FM was bad and he says her version is all lies.

If you look at the entire Rock Family tree interview (transcript from the video) in which she describes the 1987 fight, she's negative about everything she says about FM. Based on the timing of that interview, when she was mad at both Lindsey and Mick, I don't think she would be careful about what she said Lindsey did to her.

Moreover, in that interview she says she thought he was going to kill her. That's pretty extreme. That's not pulling punches. I don't know why she'd lie and say she provoked it when she didn't or not say he slapped her, if she's going to say he killed her.

I compared that to her descriptions of the earlier New Zealand incidents where she said he kicked her or something (in the earlier interviews October 30, 1997 Rolling Stone, she didn't remember exactly what he did, but said he must have kicked her or something) and then around the time of SYW she started adding to that description and said that he threw a guitar at her on stage in New Zealand and she ducked and that's why it missed her. Her version of the New Zealand incident has gained more details over time. In Mojo 2007 she said,

Quote:
“I think I was singing through one of his solos or something, and he walked across the stage and kicked me and then went back to his microphone and we just sort of went on with the show. Me being pretty much the ultimate professional, I’m like, OK that didn’t just happen, it was just a joke everybody. Then he threw his guitar at me, wwwosh! I saw it coming and ducked. And he would have killed me if it had hit me; a Les Paul weighs about 30lbs.

It's not like she makes a habit of protecting Lindsey by changing the violent descriptions of events Mick has given. Her version of the August 1987 incident is violent enough, it's just not the same as Mick's version. Since she was one of the 2 people involved in the fight I believe her over Mick and based on other things she has said about Lindsey's temper, I don't think she softened the events of 1987 to protect him, especially not when she gave the interview, when she and Lindsey weren't talking, she wasn't with FM and was not saying favorable things about her days with the band. Michele