View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
The thing is...while some of Lindsey's comments may appear to be low blows, if we're being really honest about things:

1. Christine has apparently (according to Lindsey) already alluded to the fact that she was purely financially motivated to participate in the 2018 tour and didn't want to rock the boat defending Lindsey.

2. Anyone who googles Mick Fleetwood will be very aware of his financial struggles. I'd venture to say Mick would be the first to admit he doesn't have the best financial track record.

3. The comments about Stevie's choices - well, after all of these years it really makes one wonder where does all the resentment come from at this point in time? They cleared the air in 2012/2013 in which Stevie was very proud to tout the story to the press about her hours-long phone call rant to Lindsey Buckingham, which was well-received by Lindsey.

The rest of the band has been able to move on with the exception of her. I'm sure it causes Lindsey to wonder if it's long-term resentment caused by some core differences between him and Stevie.

4. Stevie has publicly acknowledged many times how he is really credited for making Fleetwood Mac shows a really good rock and roll show. Those comments started in 2003/2004 and continued through at least 2009. She's very aware of what he brings to the table. Again, for Lindsey to wonder if this is where the resentment starts to play a role, he's not making far-fetched suggestions.

5. BOTH Mick and Lindsey pleaded with her to participate in the Buckingham McVie project and she still bowed out. Lack of creativity isn't exactly a far-fetched thing to conclude when wondering why she wouldn't participate. It's a valid question to ask. Not to mention the majority of her rebuttals at the time had nothing to do with Lindsey and everything to do with "albums don't make money" or "I'm busy with my project".

Long story short - although his comments are very sharp-cutting on paper, none of it is untruthful or baseless assumptions.

There's a lot of ugliness behind the curtain and he's not sugar-coating it.
I wholeheartedly agree. I didn’t think any of his comments were off-base or even in bad taste. People are just used to reading well-monitored commentary on Nicks. Everyone has been exceedingly kind to her these past 15 or so years. The truth is, she is a cultural force, but a bitter, solipsistic one. The solipsism has always been there. The bitterness has deepened over time. Where she wields her power is by manipulating the greed and shallow ambitions of the British trio. If they had half as much integrity as Lindsey, they would never have gone through with the 2018 tour.

That said, I can totally see Lindsey being an unpleasant, self-righteous, arrogant handful.

So there’s that.