View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't like the tone of many of his recent interviews either, but I think that Lindsey is more realistic and knows there is not much time left for any of them. Stevie may be delusional to think that she will be dancing the stages of the world for the next 20 years, but Lindsey must realize that this is one of the last times to speak his mind and he has a platform at the moment to do so. Even though he seems happy, deep down I think that he is sad after all the things that has happened to him over the last few years, but the music must be helping to pull him out of it. He is obviously still bitter over the firing and I guess he has the right to feel the way he does. I really wish he would have released this album a while back and did some virtual promotion instead of touring in this latest pandemic surge. I really can't imagine any of the members of the group being very productive at their age and they really shouldn't have to with the body of work they already done, but they should realize that they will be embarrassing themselves to continue at the same pace they currently at. Their whole stage show should be revised to play to smaller crowds, but not appear a lounge act...if they continue at all. Any of those who decide to continue should focus on studio work where they can control their sound better...if their ego will allow it. They all have huge egos, but I don't think that you can play for 40+ years to large crowds and not have an ego. That's what gives them the ability to stand in front all those people and perform. I know that I couldn't.

The "Go Your Own Way" article has the right balance of technical and personal info to keep it interesting but not being too much. I would love to see more interviews and articles like that instead of the trashy tabloids articles. I have the feelings that after Lindsey's current round of interviews, Stevie will won't to tell her story, but I suspect she won't be as kind and impartial as she has bragged for years that she would be. I seriously doubt she remembers much of what actually happened even with all the journals to refresh her memory.

I'm thrilled that we got all their albums in deluxe editions to enjoy and if they want to continue doing studio work, I will probably support that as well.