View Single Post
Old 05-27-2022, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Even though Stevie was doing big amphitheaters and state fairs, I guess she went along with the reunion because Howard Kaufman thought her touring career needed a boost.

And it worked because in 98 she played the venues that The Dance performed in.
Well, Street Angel was her first bomb- I forget where it peaked, maybe in the Billboard top 50? And no hit single, either. Maybe Love Will Change Your Mind got some airplay but didn’t make the top 40. So her star had vastly diminished by the time the Dance came around. But honestly, I think back then she wanted FM to get back together, not just for her own career but because she genuinely had the desire to be with them again. Billy wrote in his book that when FM was approached about playing at the inauguration, it was Stevie who called him and asked if he would step out and let Lindsey play with FM again, and I don’t think he would lie about that. And despite what many folks say here, I do believe that moment in Landslide was sincere between Lindsey and Stevie- I don’t believe it any other time, but I believed it that one time, yes. They reconnected over the course of those two nights, which made the concert so watchable.

I only mention this because I believe the Dance was more than just an opportunity to regain their luster and fame as a band… it was also an opportunity to repair their relationships, all of them, and it worked. It just didn’t stick.