View Single Post
Old 09-25-2021, 07:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I’m still surprised at all the hatred that’s geared towards Stevie and Mick, while Christine and John get off unscathed. Especially with Mick, considering that he’s the reason we ever got any new Fleetwood Mac music after Mirage. He was the one who corralled everyone for Tango in the Night; he was the one who kept the band going with Rick and Billy for the tour when Lindsey took off; and I’m sure he was instrumental in getting the Dance special done, which resulted in their incredible revival. Plus many other things, too, including being the one member who wanted the Live album to be released, and with that unusual song listing. His importance to the band goes way beyond forming it… he kept it going long after, while John and Christine showed up when needed. They kept Lindsey out when they could have stood with him. But, like Mick, they refused to, and yet Mick and Stevie are solely the ones where the hatred flows.

bwboy you are right on the mark. I met Mick in 1996 and he did put things into motion for the Dance reunion starting with a dinner with the band. If John and Christine would have refused to tour on their last outing without Lindsey it wouldn’t have happened.