View Single Post
Old 12-19-2020, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
That's my understanding. They split up in 1980 when everything was still split evenly 5 ways. During the Hell Freezes over era, Irving pushed and got this new equation. He had the Fleetwood Mac example to use with the Eagles.

I actually don't know very much about Steely Dan. I never owned any of their music but some of it is pretty good IMHO. What I wrote here was from an interview with Henley. I would never had known the bass player's name to save my life. Although Christine really dug Steely Dan. There is a story of hers when she lived in the Hollywood Hills in the mid 70s where she said she had outside parties at the pool and their amplifier cranked the Steely Dan album "Aja" all down through the valley. She said she wore the album out. I would have loved to have been her neighbor. I bet she had the best parties ever. I also bet she had the best Hi-Fi stereo money could buy

BTW, I bet even without Lindsey, her rate probably went up to 45% at least She is filling more than 50% of those seats sadly
So you don't have History of the Eagles? It's FANTASTIC. I've watched it probably 50 times. I've made DVD copies for probably a dozen people. I have a set in my car right now, because I was talking to an old man at a bar last week, and he was telling me how much he loved The Eagles. I told him I'd have him a Xmas present the next time I saw him(even though I'd never met him before). Hey, Don Henley's got plenty of money!

Honestly, I've just never given Steely Dan a chance. I don't own any, either. My prejudiced take on it is that it's probably too jazzy for me. With Christine being a big fan, you'd have thought I'd have tried it. Nope!

I'd have LOVED to have gotten sh*tfaced with her, back in the day. Couple bottles of wine and some blow? SIGN ME UP!

I know the old goat fills at least half of the seats. There's no accounting for taste! Those are "lowest common denominator people"!!!