View Single Post
Old 06-12-2022, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It's funny that that's the one they added back. Because man, does he have a hard time singing it! They dropped the key from F# to E, years ago, and it still kills him trying to sing it. Do you have any of the live shows on DVD? My favorite is Christchurch, NZ. It's pro shot, and I'm sure was probably going to be released. EXCEPT, there was TORRENTIAL RAIN during the entire show. The crowd is sitting miserably in ponchos, getting beaten to death by the rain. Anyway, Don has a rough night on a lot of the high stuff. Timothy was jumping in at the end of 'Boys', trying to help him get through the end of it. He was really struggling that night.

I joined an Eagles forum probably 10 years ago, and some woman sent me about a dozen DVDs. They're not all good. Some have some skipping places, and some are audience shot. But that Christchurch, it's the sh*t!
I believe most of that Christchurch show used to be on YouTubebut is now down to just a few songs. Henley has likely struggled to get BOS right almost since the get go. It works in the lower key me thinks. He admitted on stage that he was sick the night I saw them a few months back. When he talked between songs his voice was horrible and he sounded half dead. While he def wasn’t hitting every note, Boys of Summer sounded great! I think the only song they omitted that night from other set lists around that time was Those Shoes.