View Single Post
Old 06-09-2022, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I saw them a few months ago and Boys of Summer was back in the encore. The first time I saw them with Vince and Deacon, there was no non-Walsh solo stuff. My first time seeing them in 2003, Henley played 4 solo songs, Frey did 1 and Joe did his usual suspects.
It's funny that that's the one they added back. Because man, does he have a hard time singing it! They dropped the key from F# to E, years ago, and it still kills him trying to sing it. Do you have any of the live shows on DVD? My favorite is Christchurch, NZ. It's pro shot, and I'm sure was probably going to be released. EXCEPT, there was TORRENTIAL RAIN during the entire show. The crowd is sitting miserably in ponchos, getting beaten to death by the rain. Anyway, Don has a rough night on a lot of the high stuff. Timothy was jumping in at the end of 'Boys', trying to help him get through the end of it. He was really struggling that night.

I joined an Eagles forum probably 10 years ago, and some woman sent me about a dozen DVDs. They're not all good. Some have some skipping places, and some are audience shot. But that Christchurch, it's the sh*t!

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 06-10-2022 at 10:10 AM..